1. The cazenove+loyd Leica Photographer of the Year Competition (“the Competition”), is open to those aged 18 and over only, excluding employees or agencies of cazenove+loyd Ltd and Leica Camera Ltd, their group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Competition.
2. The Competition runs each calendar month from 00.01 on 1st January 2011 to 23.59 on 31st December 2011. All times are based on GMT. Entries made before the start date will be entered for January 2011.
3. To enter : visit www.cazloyd.com/leica, complete your details and upload your photo / portfolio of images with a brief description of the image subject, where, when and why taken. One portfolio entry is allowed per person per month. A portfolio consists of up to five photographs, each in JPEG format and each of 5MB or below.
4. Images must have been taken in one of cazenove+loyd’s regions of expertise, namely Central and South America, Africa and The Indian Ocean and South and South East Asia.
5. All entries must be made personally. Entries made through agents/third parties/ spambots/ code hacking/ multibrowser-bots are invalid.
6. All images submitted may be subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to upload or not upload any image and to remove any image already uploaded without giving reasons for the decision. The Promoter shall in particular refuse to upload any image for the following reasons:
a. Use of defamatory or malicious content
b. Any indecent or inappropriate content
c. Inclusion of other brands in a significant manner
7. By entering, the entrant agrees that :
a. they have personally taken the images submitted
b. the images were taken in one of the specific regions as per clause 4.
c. they are the sole owner and copyright holder of the images.
d. they grant to the Promoter and Leica the right to use the winning images from the date of entry to 18 months after the closing date of the Competition and for no further consideration beyond that of the stated prizes. However, all such uses will credit the photographer, provided they give their agreement. (For the avoidance of doubt, copyright shall remain with the entrant).
e. they grant to the Promoter and Leica the right to use other entered images from the date of entry to 12 months after the closing date of the Competition for no consideration. However, all such uses will credit the photographer provided they give their agreement. (As with winning images, copyright shall remain with the entrant).
8. Entrants may use digital manipulation to optimise and/or crop images, adjust brightness, contrast and colour balance or retouch dust spots. Images may also be sharpened and multiple exposures in camera will be allowed. However, entrants may not use composite or montage photographs produced from more than one original image. Nor may they add or remove elements which would otherwise appear.
9. The winner may be required to produce the original image files before the prize is awarded.
10. Entries not fulfilling the stated criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Where this is discovered after the prize has been awarded, the winner will be disqualified and the prize, or the equivalent value, returned by the entrant.
11. Each entrant’s approved image will be shown on the promoter’s website together with the image description. The Promoter reserves the right to amend this description for reasons of presentation.
12. No purchase is necessary to enter.
13. Each month’s competition closes at 11.59pm on the last day of that month. Photographs submitted after this date will automatically be entered into the following month’s competition, provide it is still running over that period.
14. Each month the judging panel, consisting of the MD of Leica Camera Ltd David Bell, professional photographer and former Editor Will Cheung and Financial Times journalist Jonathan Margolis will select the photographer whose image is deemed to best capture a spontaneous moment in time, portraying a land, its people, its wildlife or culture.
THE VOTING STAGE
15. From January 11th 2012 the 12 winners of the monthly competition will be displayed on the cazenove+loyd gallery page (www.cazloyd.com/leica/gallery) and visitors will be able to vote online for their favourite between 11th January and 9am GMT 13th February 2012. The photographer with the most votes at the end of this period will be awarded the Grand Prize and the title of “cazenove+loyd Leica Travel Photographer of the Year”.
16. There is a maximum of one vote per person per entry and controls are in place to prevent abuse. All votes are subject to verification and audit.
17. Any attempt by individuals or others to make multiple votes or otherwise attempt to manipulate the voting system will result in all such votes being disallowed.
18. In the event any of the candidate photographers are found to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or the cazenove+loyd website, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions the Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the image(s) of the said photographer from the Competition.
19. The Monthly Prize : Each month there will be a difference prize as follows :
Jan - Leica V-Lux 20 + leather case
Feb - Leica Ultravid 8x20 BL compact binoculars with leather case
Mar - Leica V-Lux 20 + leather case
Apr - Leica photography workshop with camera of their choice
May - Leica V-Lux 20 + leather case
June - Leica Monovid 8x20 + leather case
July - Leica V-Lux 20 + leather case
Aug - Leica Ultravid 8x20 BL compact binoculars with leather case
Sept - Leica photography workshop with camera of their choice
Oct - Leica V-Lux 20 + leather case
Nov - Leica Ultravid 8x20 BL or special edition binoculars
Dec - Leica V-Lux 20 + leather case
20. The Grand Prize : a new Leica X1 camera plus viewfinder, handgrip, ever-ready case and leather strap, plus an X1 workshop at the Leica Store Mayfair (at a time to be agreed with the winner) .
21. Where applicable, eg workshop prizes; travel, accommodation and other personal expenses are not included in prizes.
22. Prizes are not transferrable and there is no cash alternative. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value in the event of non-availability of the product nominated as the prize.
23. Winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date and the winning image will be posted on the cazenove+loyd and Leica websites.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries or votes that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
26. Neither cazenove+loyd nor Leica accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by entrants as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. We further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
27. By entering the Competition you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
28. The Promoter’s decision in all matters is final and binding.
29. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
30. This Competition will be governed by English law.
31. For any questions about the Competition, please e-mail email@example.com with "Leica" in the subject line.
32. The Promoter; cazenove+loyd, Imperial Studios, 3-11 Imperial Road, London SW6 2AG, UK.